We invite people with refugee experience to participate in the internship project, carried out in Warsaw by IKEA Retail Sp. z o.o. and the Ocalenie Foundation
The project offers 10 paid internships for people with refugee status (as well as subsidiary protection, tolerated stay permit, humanitarian stay permit and for people in the procedure for obtaining the above-mentioned statuses, who have a work permit), who know the Polish language at the level of at least communicative. The internships will last 6 months from March to August 2022 and will take place at the IKEA Targówek store in Warsaw.
The internships will take place within the following departments:
- IKEA Food – level of the Polish language required: communicative
- Logistics – level of the Polish language required: communicative
- Sales – level of the Polish language required: intermediate
- Customer Service – level of the Polish language required: intermediate
- Cash register department – level of the Polish language required: intermediate.
The interns will be offered:
- part time (¾) employment contract,
- salary of around PLN 2646 gross (for part time (¾), depending on a number of working hours in a month),
- a package of amenities to choose from, incl. Medicover extended medical care package, Multisport card, points to spend e.g. on the cinema, shopping, restaurant, trips,
- 15% employee discount on purchases at IKEA,
- the staff canteen, including, among others two-course dinner for 5 zlotys,
- 0% credit for purchases at IKEA,
- work schedule arranged 2 months in advance,
- additional paternity leave days for the birth of a child,
- accident insurance.
- intensive Polish language course during working hours (for people who require such support),
- cultural workshops and workshops raising competences on the labor market during working hours,
- support of cultural mentors working at the Ocalenie Foundation.
The aim of the project is to improve the professional and linguistic competences of people with refugee experience and to increase their chances of finding a permanent job at IKEA Retail Sp. z o.o. or with other employers. People who complete the internship will be able to take part in external and internal recruitment processes within IKEA.
If you are interested in the internship, please complete the APPLICATION FORM by January 25, 2022.
Persons who meet the basic formal requirements (residence status, work permits) and language requirements (minimum communicative level of Polish) will be invited for an initial interview to the Ocalenie Foundation. Invitation for an interview does not mean that the candidate is accepted for an internship. The next stages of recruitment will be organized by IKEA.
Contact regarding recruitment: [email protected], +48 881280595.
The project is carried out as part of the global IKEA initiative „Refugee Skills for Employment”.