Important notice! Because of a threat of spreading coronavirus, from 16th March 2020 Ocalenie Foundation and Magazin are closed.
Magazin: Material aid for migrants
Magazin is a store without money where families and individuals can shop for free.
Clients are assigned a number of points which they can exchange for:
clothing, bags, toys, cosmetics, cleaning supplies, and more.
How to get started?
- To become a client of Magazine, come to the Foreigners’ Help Centre and say you are looking for material assistance. The Centre is located at the ground floor of the Ocalenie Foundation, 6/14a Krucza Str., Warsaw.
- A staff member of the Centre will ask you to show your ID and the IDs of your family members, and will register you in the Magazin database. The IDs should provide an information on your legal status in Poland.
- Our staff will tell you how many points you and your family get, and how much time you have to spend them.
- At the Magazin, you will find a detailed pricelist where the number of points for each item is specified. Now you can start shopping!
Where is Magazin?
Magazin is located at the basement level of the Ocalenie Foundation. To get there, go around the building taking the path along its northern wall (to the left from the main entrance if you’re facing the building). Go under the barrier. When you see a steep decline, go down. You’re there!
When is Magazin open?
Magazin invites shoppers on:
- Mondays: 15.00 – 19.00
- Tuesdays: 11.00 – 15.00
- Wednesdays: 11.00 – 15.00
- and every 1st and 3rd Saturday of the month: 11.00 – 14.00
- To become a client of Magazin, one is required to register at the Help Center for Foreigners showing one’s ID and the IDs of one’s family members.
- Upon entering the Magazin room, every client is required to show his or her ID.
- The opening hours of Magazin are specified. Magazin is closed to clients outside the opening hours.
- Magazin is a store without money. Items from Magazin are exchanged for points.
- Every client is assigned a number of points. The points are assigned every two months.
- The number of points depends on the number of family members sharing a household.
- If a client lives in a one-person household, he or she may use Magazin as an individual person.
- The points expire every two moths when the new quota is assigned.
- A price list specifying the number of points each item type costs is available at Magazin.
- Since the supply of some product categories, e.g. cosmetics or cleaning supplies, may be low, their availability was limited: a family may acquire such items only once a month (if the items are unavailable at all).
- If an item is available only rarely, a customer may notify the Magazin staff about their need. The request does not guarantee that the item will be available to the client, but it increases the chances (especially in the case of furniture or household equipment). A client is allowed to have a pending request for the maximum of two items.
- Items from Magazin cannot be returned.
- The Ocalenie Foundation reserves the right to deny service to persons breaking the Magazin rules, or posing a threat to persons or property at Magazin.
You can reach us at +48 22 828 04 50 or [email protected]