The Online Patient Account (Internetowe Konto Pacjenta, IKP) is a free service of the Ministry of Health that allows you to get quick access to your medical records as well as to solve some healthcare-related issues without leaving home. This service is available to anyone with a PESEL number, including foreigners.
What you can do with an IKP
After logging in to your Online Patient Account, you gain access to your medical records, including electronic prescriptions issued by your doctor (with information on prescribed dosages), electronic referrals and sick leaves, as well as history of doctor visits and a list of all medical services provided. Parents can get access to the medical data of their children under the age of 18 (children’s medical records are accessible through the account of the parent who registered them with ZUS). In addition, the system allows you to give access to your medical data to your partner, a doctor, medical institution or pharmacist. You can also search for information about medical substances available in Poland.
Using the Online Patient Account, you can:
- obtain an electronic prescription, that will be generated and sent to your e-mail address or phone;
- obtain a repeat prescription for your medication without visiting a doctor (for example, if you suffer from a chronic illness and after a teleconsultation with your doctor)
- obtain an electronic referral
- find information about places to get treatment
- choose or change your GP, nurse and/or midwife
- find out your coronavirus test result
- submit an application for the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)
How to start using IKP
To use this service, you need to log in to the pacjent.gov.pl portal. As with most Polish government websites, this can be done using a trusted profile (for more information on a Trusted Profile (Profil Zaufany) and how to create one, read here).
Get it done with us!
In the time of coronavirus, our Help Center for Foreigners will help you remotely! Send an e-mail to: [email protected] and put „Patient’s Online Account” or “Health care service” in the subject line.
The assistance we provide is free of charge.