From 1 February 2021, you can apply for the 500+ child benefit for the new benefit period. The current benefit period 2019/2021 will end on 31 May 2021. If you’ve been receiving the 500+ benefit in the current period, you need to re-apply by 30 April 2021 to continue without interruption. If you renew your application by this deadline, you should receive the benefit for June by the end of June 2021. From 2021, the benefit will be granted for one year (1 June to 31 May of the following year), and will need to be re-applied annually.
When and how to apply
Do you want to receive the 500+ benefit in the new benefit period? The main deadlines are as follows:
- from 1 February 2021, you can apply online via the Emp@tia portal, Social Insurance Institution’s electronic platform (PUE ZUS) or electronic banking services;
- from 1 April 2021, you can also apply the traditional way, that is fill out the paper application form and submit it in person at the relevant office or send by post;
- if you submit the application by 30 April 2021 (from February till the end of April 2021), you will receive the benefit for June by the end of June 2021;
- if you submit the application in the following months, the benefit will be paid within 3 months after the submission.
For example, if you submit the application:
- in May 2021 – you will receive the benefit for June and July by the end of July 2021;
- in June 2021 – you will receive the benefit for June, July, and August by the end of August 2021;
- in July 2021 – you will receive the benefit for July, August, and September by the end of September 2021;
- in August 2021 – you will receive the benefit for August, September, and October by the end of October 2021.
Note: if you apply after 30 June 2021, you will receive the benefit from the month you submit the application. To receive the benefit for June and the following months, you have to apply by the end of June.
You can find more information about the 500+ benefit in our previous article (https://en.ocalenie.org.pl/getitdone/child-benefit-500).
Need assistance with submitting your application for the 500+ benefit?
Get it done with us!
In the time of coronavirus, our Help Center for Foreigners will help you remotely! Send an e-mail to: [email protected] and put „Child benefit 500+” in the subject line.
The assistance we provide is free of charge.